Sunday, January 29, 2012

My Song of the Moment

I have a playlist on my iPod of "theme" songs - songs that have spoken to me or touched me in some way.  The newest addition to my theme song collection is "Invincible" by Hedley.  I heard a little clip of it on TV in an ad for Hedley's new CD, and liked it enough to buy it from iTunes.  And then I listened to the lyrics.  And I felt like they were talking about me.  I can identify with the lyrics in a lot of ways, particularly when I think about what I went through when I was sick before my transplant and then during my recovery.  The lines that hit me the most are:
"But I found the strength inside to see, found the better part of me, and I'm never letting go..."

I found this great site for looking up lyrics, and they have a thing where you can put in what you think the song means.  To me, I think it's about finding the strength to fight your demons, regardless of whether they're physcial, emotional or spiritual.  When I was sick, I had a lot of demons I was facing, and with the grace of God, I overcame them.  But I'm still facing other things, and some of those have been harder to overcome.  This song is a great reminder to stand strong and know that I can overcome the challenges that life is throwing at me.

This is a scrapbook page that I made on this song for a Book of Me challenge at scrapbook.com.  I joined the challenge to help me get some more pages done in my album, and one of the first challenges was to do a page on a theme song or a song that had a lot of meaning to you.  Picking my song was a no-brainer, and the page came together really quickly once I knew what I wanted to do.


Paper: "Amy Tangerine" by American Crafts
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Photo Turn: Unknown
Other: Computer and printer

Until next time,
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment